Position Title: Senior iOS Developer
Employee Type: Full Time
Department: Research & Development
Position Type: Exempt | Classification: Class 3
Reports To: Joel Fashingbauer
Target Hire Date: January 1, 2020
Location: San Diego, CA
Requisition Date: December 1, 2019
The Senior iOS Developer is responsible for creating and architecting new mobile applications, maintaining and improving existing features on the IKIN/RYZ holographic platform
Must be experienced with iPhone development. Programming iOS to work with peripheral devices. Native OS programming skills and API knowledge. Will be used to refine and build APIs to communicate with external hardware using iOS architecture. Must be familiar with Metal rendering, and native rendering on the iOS device.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Senior iOS Developer is responsible for the following responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Responsible for the architecture creation, design and development of iOS mobile apps and modules
- Able to architect and design iOS apps and their interaction with outside systems
- Hands-on programming iOS apps and Augmented Reality
- Refactor, debug, prepared and release iOS apps to the Apple App Store
- Resolve defects/bugs during testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Architect and develop an iOS app featuring calendars, chat, REST interface in > 10K lines of Swift code
- Architect and develop Full Stack Server-Side Swift and iOS app.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel
- Drive, mentor and coordinate activities in the iOS sub-team and with others in the wider team
that lead to successful outcomes
- Be adaptable to team requirements eg. play the role of tester/reviewer if need arises
- Drive evaluation and use of iOS technologies, tools, development and testing processes
Qualifications and Competencies
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
You will be responsible for working with product managers, developers and experience designers to build an intuitive mobile experience. Using your detailed understanding of technologies and applying your intellectual curiosity you will help design, build, test, and improve the feature sets.
- Roughly 85-90% hands-on coding
- Good understanding of IOS design patterns and well versed with latest IOS components.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, methodologies
- Unity: 3 years (Required)
- Objective C: 3 years (Preferred)
- iPhone/iPad development, XCode, iOS SDK: 3 years (Required)
- iOS Mobile Development: 3 years (Required)
- Swift 4: 3 years (Preferred)
- Experience in developing (creating and consuming) libraries and frameworks
- Well versed in interfacing with web services (RESTful, SOAP, JSON, XML)
- Good grasp of network security concepts and implementations
- UIKit, MapKit, CoreLocation, CoreImage, MessageUI, Vapor, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Twilio, SendBird, AWS S3, Alamofire, FacebookSDK and SnapchatSDK
- Experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST.
- Successful delivery of high-quality IOS features and supporting back-end services code (requirements, design, code, test, devops, documentation, etc.).
- Strong across iOS implementations and ecosystem eg. push notifications, background modes, location services, store/review processes, profiles
– UX and UI
It would be advantageous to have skills and experience in:
- Backend system architecture and development
Also, to perform this job successfully, the individual must be a “self-starter” attitude and ability to drive projects independently, computer literate and have full knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in as a team and independently. Ability to plan, organize and have problem solving skills. Be accountable and own outcomes.
- Commits Time and Effort for Professional Development – Organized time to cover ongoing priorities and will make arrangements to cover whenever absence is unavoidable, understands that with effort and invests the time to get the job done. Also uses time efficiently during regular schedule hours so that extra hours are not inevitable, but is responsive to additional requirements or demands when necessary.
- Educates Team through Structured Training – Help the others to gain maximum benefit from the product or service by committing to continuous education that provides information updates or product training. Stay on top of information needed in an effort to serve as a resource.
- Develops Comprehensive Product Knowledge to be Credible Resource – Develop a comprehensive knowledge of products and potential applications and understanding that up-to-date knowledge is required to maintain credibility as a subject matter expert with distributions and end-users.
- Teamanship – Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments. Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and capable of leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, and supports organization’s goals and values. Benefits organization through outside activities, supports affirmative action, and respects diversity.
- Adaptability/Dependability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, and/or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives, organizes and/or schedules tasks.
- Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality and applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality, meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity and has good time management skills.
- IKIN ’s Culture/ Core Value – To assure a good fit to IKIN ’s culture, must have a can-do attitude, be a professional, put relationships over transactions, care about others, and do what you say.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education / Certifications
BS/MS in computer science degree, plus 4-8 years of experience
Standard company benefits will be offered
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IKIN is a professional organization. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.